Sunday, April 4, 2010

An Easter Miracle for Mason

Happy Easter to everyone.  

My heart is full and it's hard to control the emotions that I feel at this time.  A while ago, I posted  about a little heart kiddo who has become my Heart Hero.  His name is Mason and he is only a couple months older than Madison.  He has already endured quite a tough journey with his heart.  But he is a tough kid and today Mason is receiving a NEW HEART.  An Easter miracle is taking place for him and his family.  

Please keep Mason and his family in your prayers as he will be in surgery all day today.  This is so hard for a family to go through.  Mason's family will be updating his progress throughout the day on his blog.  You are welcome to click on his name (Miracle Mason) and read more about this cute little guy.     

Also, will you please keep the donor family in your thoughts and prayers today.  As a parent, I can't comprehend what a mom goes through as their baby passes away.  But because of this family's choice, a miracle is taking place today.


(I promise to give a Madison update later today..)

4 comments:

Amy said...

I can't get an arrow over Mason's name! Is it me or did the link not work out?

The Simmons Family said...

Isn't it fantastic?!! I have had goosebumps all day and a teary eyed! My heart too aches for the donor family... but it rejoices with the Stricklands. What a blessing!

Kristi said...

An easter miracle for miracle mason... how perfect was God's timing in all of that?!

The Blanchard Family said...

I am so happy for them! I just can't even stop thinking about it! What special people these donor families are. . .and how amazing medical advancements are! WOW! What a special miracle.