Madison is doing very well with her feeds. We are playing it safe (and slow) and only having her eat/drink from a bottle. Tomorrow she can eat real food. It is so fun to see her eat. Mark and I have the biggest smiles. She has never eaten this good. YEAH! I would shout for joy, but other babies are sleeping.
Anyway, I have just been informed that because Madison is eating so well, they are going to begin to switch her IV medications to taking them orally. This transition will begin tomorrow and they will take it slowly. (definitely not all at once..)
Question to all Heart Mom's..
1. What is this going to be like to give Maddie +12 medications a day? Shauntelle, I took notes on what you suggested to me yesterday. Great ideas!!
2. How do you make this somewhat of a positive experience?
3. Are there medications that they like (taste ok) and some that they hate?
4. Any tricks for having them take the meds that taste yucky, or make them feel yucky?
5. I know these meds have horrible side affects. Any suggestions in dealing with those?
I can give Maddie her meds. She usually takes them without any problems. She was on 4 medications prior to transplant. I'm just a little nervous to give her 8 yucky tasting meds. It's definitely a different ball game now.
Thanks for your help. I'll holler as I have more questions.
4 weeks ago